Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Ladybug's Picnic Totally Sucked!!

Before I publish a new post, I always read over my last post to make sure that I wrap up any cliffhangers that my readership (ha...I'm having some delusions of grandeur today) is waiting with baited breath to find resolution to. What I've found after reading my last post is that the ladybug's picnic totally sucked. I think that song was written to help kids learn how to manage the crushing disappointments in their lives. Here's a breakdown of the picnic:
- The sacks from their sack race broke, so they resorted to telling knock-knock jokes
- Their jumprope snapped and that resulted in them falling on their backs and faces
- They end up talking around a campfire about the high price of furniture, rugs and fire insurance for ladybugs (boring) and all the while their campfire is growing larger and larger. Then a fire truck puts out their fire

Poor ladybugs. NOW GET OUT OF MY WINDOWSILLS BEFORE I SPRAY INSECTICIDE ON YOU!! That would really ruin a picnic. Being exterminated en masse.

The cliffhanger from my last post was about buying/selling our house(s), but we're still not in a locked and loaded position for those yet (Inspector Electrical Gadget didn't show up on Friday), so you'll have to wait a little longer for the details.

Since this post is not action packed, here are two very different cops and robbers chases for you:

Remember when they tried to ban this video because it was too violent? By "they" I mean "The Man"



I think the OPP uses this as one of their training videos:



Thanks to everyone who made it to my Halloween party. It was great to see y'all in your costumes. I was especially impressed by Dan's "Conservative Supporter" costume, complete with hair combed in a nerdy fashion.

On a totally unrelated and irrelevant note, I think Ty Pennington of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- and Trading Spaces-fame is on a runaway train that is barreling straight toward suicide. I bought the latest edition of Real Simple and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos to prepare for an evening of early Bernie Mac episodes (seriously, they're hilarious) and posting halloween pictures on facebook. As I was leafing through the pages, my thumb automatically slipped to a full page, card stock fold-out ad for Similac baby formula hawking their redesigned container (I think the formula used to be called "Breastmilk" and the container was called a "breast" before the redesign). And who is the celeb who is pushing (or being paid to push) the formula? Mr Ty Pennington.



Pardon my french, but WTF? Did the co-op student at the ad agency who wanted to get their boss fired make this decision? I'm not even a mother and I find this to be totally ridiculous. If having children means that you will become part of a demographic that, on the whole, loves Ty Pennington so much that you would honour his endorsement of baby formula, I would prefer my eggs scrambled rather than fertilized (and most of you know how I feel about eggs). Click here to see the online version of the ad.
Ty's ad reminds me of that SNL commercial where Stevie Wonder endorses the Kannon AE-1 camera. "So easy, even Stevie Wonder can use it". Next it will be Mike Holmes signature Tampax Tampons, Huey Lewis & The News Hydraulic Fluid Supplies or High School Musical Patient Transfer Slings.

3 comments:

  1. So he designed the container. What is this, a car ad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people cannot breast feed... or choose not to for whatever reason. i hope that when you have kids you have no problems because women are made to feel guilty if they cant breastfeed and have to use formula. i don't think you should judge until you have been in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ad is some fucked up. And anonymous is a tad oversensitive, methinks - your post didn't diss formula at all. *I* diss formula all the time, but you didn't!

    ReplyDelete