Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hoose

It's official. We bought a house in Thunder Bay - the land of Mooseburger Trees and the fabled Moonicorn (the one-antlered moose, who incidentally has many chiropractic issues). Look - here's a picture of a mooseburger tree sprouting in the rocky tundra. Magical, isn't it?




Here are some pictures of our new place.

Front of the house. The tree in front of the window has got to go.


Back of the house. Deck with seats built in!!


This is where the magic happens.




Living room - yes - that is a wood-burning fire place



Two people independently asked if we get to keep the pineapple mirror, but sadly, I don't think it will be included in the deal.



Dining area



Kitchen - Over the range microwave. Hollllaaaa!!



Master bedroom ensuite - two sinks!!



Area off the kitchen/dining area



Bedroom 1



Bedroom 2



Bedroom 3



Bathroom for regular people - one sink



Nursery



Check out what I turned up while searching (fruitlessly, I must add) for some pictures of the Moonicorn. For some yet-to-be-explained-to-me reason, some dude painted two paintings of Barack Obama on a unicorn. Did I mention that he's naked in both? I was hesitant about putting these on the blog, because I'm afraid that these are actually offensive and I just don't know the meaning behind them. Well, the second part of that sentence is definitely true - I have no idea what these mean, even after searching the web for answers. If the former part of the sentence is also true, will someone let me know? I don't want to be that one member of the cyber-neighborhood that doesn't know it's inappropriate to have a statue of a little boy of a certain skin colour fishing off the front porch.



The artist who did these also does portraits of other political leaders and celebrities with pancakes on their heads (complete with a lovely pat of melting butter). Once again, not sure if they are in celebration of the absurd or whether they have a meaning that no web search can uncover.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Maggie and Sean! Looks like a great place. I love the hardwood floors, and the fireplace is a total PLUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moonicorn Obama is the funniest, scariest thing i have seen in many a moon. It makes my insides feel uncomfortable but then I laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how does a med student and his lady friend buy a house?

    ReplyDelete