Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Official...

...I'm allergic to grass. I cut the lawn last Sunday for the first time ever. Now, many of you may be thinking, "wow - Sean cut the grass the whole time they were living there. What a hero", but in actuality, until Sunday, I had never used a lawnmower in my life. When I was living with my parents, my Dad took pride in his lawn and mowed it himself. When I moved out I didn't have a lawn to mow (with the exception of our place on Karen Walk that Matt MacKinnon "mowed" with a weed whacker after we got a notice from the city). Once I had completed my virgin voyage, I noticed little red bumps all over my arms, legs and neck. And then they started itching like mad. Then I vowed never to cut the grass again. Sorry, Sean. It's the truth. I've noticed in the past that I've been itchy after sitting in the grass, but I always thought that I was getting bitten by something or that I was sensitive to the pesticides or something. Now I know that it's just the grass. ITCH!!!!
Once I was done cutting the grass, I took some pictures of the shrubs in our back yard (pasted below with a couple of embellishments).

2 comments:

  1. FYI the grass in Northern Ontario is nonallergenic. Don't tell Jim because I would be busted for sure.

    Sorry for the rash and itch though.

    I love your little shrub creatures - do they talk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you allergic to all grasses??????????

    ......

    AHAHAHAHAH - cue crazy shrub pictures

    ReplyDelete