Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If I Could Hoist an Airline Overhead and Laud it, I Would

Porter!  Thank goodness for Porter Air. 



Sean and I decided to fly to Southern Ontario and back to the North on Porter this holiday season and I'm thanking my lucky stars that we did.  Horror stories from those who were stranded or in long lineups at larger airports due to the failed terrorist attempt on Christmas day have been pouring in.



Other than both flights leaving/arriving late, it was a good experience.  Their lounge is nice, but not as nice as Air Canada's though, as we were forced to mix with the proletariat and their unwashed children.  Nothing a hot shower and some Dr Bronner's couldn't fix.

To complete our Toronto experience, we saw someone famous from TV.  Michael Ignatieff was there.  Unlike the time I saw Mary Walsh in the Air Canada lounge, I was bold enough to take a picture.





The picture didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but the man in the foreground is reading a newspaper with the headline "Ignatieff Shelves Talks of Election".  I was going for irony, but all I got was blurriness.

1 comment:

  1. yo i saw ignatief in the airport too! weird. but that was in november.

    ReplyDelete